Monday, October 11, 2004

System Idle Process.

Heh. This is one of those random thoughts which I argue with myself in the backof my head while I am coding or doing something important.

It was like, "What do you think is the difference between solving problems in maths in your lower classses and solving problems after you graduate?" I ask myself.

And snap came the reply, like:

"Heh heh, that's simple. When you solve some problem in maths you don't improve algebra or anything. I mean, you don't see any kid going like:

"Look ma, I solved a problem in addition! Do you think, I can present a paper on it or something?"

Nah... But you can very well do it almost everytime and for everything that you find out in your college/university life though. Like:

".........And so our proposed method increases efficiency by almost 0.00001%, provided the #$%@!* holds up which it does so with a probablity of 0.003......" "

Now that I have satisfactorily answered my own query, I look for some other nagging questions to chew on while I debug.

And I find one.

It went like "Is being a herbivorous human being good? Is it worth it? Is it natural? What does Nature have to say on us being omnivorous? I mean, does she show explicitly by some creature whether we must be flesh eating or leaf eating?

The last question brought in a barrage of visual answers, some of which I will try to code...er...type in.

The answer thoughts were like this:

"What does nature say on all this plant vs flesh, you ask. Ok..Try this. People say "Strong as a Bull". So Bull is a symbol for strength and machissmo, we must eat the bull's diet, right?

......No wait. A Bull ain't at the top of the food chain. A Lion is. So be a carnivore because a Lion is stronger than a bull?

Ok, that was because you assumed Lion is stronger than a Bull. Think about the African Bull or ox like thing which can fend off a lion.

Hey! that's not fair! I don't want to lose!
[I am a non-vegitarian :)] [At this point of desperation, I even doubt the diet of an african bull and imagine it eating meat and stuff, then think it off]
Ok, here. The African Bull fights only when in herds by standing in circle. Even then they may lose one or two young one or weak ones. Whereas the lion, He fights single or in threes. Ha ha! So there! Carnivores win!."
[And to assure that I win, I add some more arguments ;)]
"Look, even the crockadiles, which are not eaten by anything, is a carnivore!
Also, carnivores live a longer life than the herbivores :).

Wait a minute! Turtles are the oldest living things. And even Elephants. I don't see THEM eating any meat. So herbivores win by your argument of living longer! "

The rest of the argument was cut off by the thought which said I have to blog about it :(

I know it all sounds so abrupt, but that's what happens when you dump out your actual thoughts, I guess.

But whatever happens, I am remaining an omnivore :)

No comments: