Saturday, September 11, 2004

The Animal Connection

Ya know, people have been pretty successful in bringing in animal societies into software architectures. Stuff like social networks, security algos, fault tolerance and plenty more have been modeled after animals.
The latest i heard was a project called "Ant" which imitates an Ant's way of looking for food into the p2p world. This is supposed to reduce risks of RIAA or MPAA following/tracing you.
The project can be found here:
http://antsp2p.sourceforge.net/

Ya know, all this got me thinking. Why not bring in some other animal society into software or something. This i found was not one of my fortes. I started seeing bizzare architectures that would scare the living daylights out of anyone! I mean i was really so desperate, that whenever i see an animal either living or dead, my brain automatically kicks into actions and tries to find where exactly the animal could fit in or something. So far in vain, but it's a real time killer, if you ask me.
Who knows, maybe one day i may be successful in seeing the right connection. Either that or I go mad. Some of my friends are really doubtful about the former though. ;-)
Maybe the connection was all along inventing a game called Connect-the-Animal-While-You-Are-Free-And-Blog-About-It. Who knows.

No comments: