Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Hot Fanta anyone?

This uncool thing was forced on me one dreary day...

I went to ssn engg college to attend their IT symposium, Rezzitech. This, i suppose is the third and final time that i attend this symposium. Participated in all but Paper presentation. Though I couldn't participate because our paper was not selected at the last moment, i wish the paper was chosen. I could have practised presenting the paper there. Anyways, I couldn't and I did badly in all the other events' prelims. Before the announcement of the preliminary round results, we had a lunch break. That won't be forgotten easily. It was simply the worst lunch I was served, albeit for free. The "queue", more like an unruly mob, was simply too "dynamic" to stand, literally. After some half or so hour of being pushed and pulled by various college students reveling in the crowd, we were pushed inside the dining hall where there was a queue that was as long as the "queue" outside was wider. After some slow progress, finally got some food on the plates. I figured i can't stand in the queue again in case I ran out of food and so asked for extra helpings of each (food) stuff that was being served. Since i was too hungry, I ate some of them without complaint. But the revulsion to such foodstuff overtook me and i abandoned the plate on the floor. The organizing committee figured that most of us would be so stuffed with that food, that they thought only some will ever need ice cream and so I was left with no ice cream. No ice cream! Can you believe that?

Disappointed, me and my friend Anguraj, went to the proper canteen and bought ourselves a Fanta and a Sprite. Of all the firsts in my life, that was the first time I actually drank a hot fanta. The man serving there said that he kept it in the refridgerator just then. We sat inthe canteen for some time, hoping that our fanta and sprite wud cool down to room temperature. We gulped it down anyway because that never happened. The hot wind that was blowing prevented it.

1 comment:

Anand kumar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.